Boram Min

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

Boram Min

Year: Senior (International Student)

Hometown and what you love about it:

I’m from Seoul, Korea. Unlike in America where the streets are straight, we have numerous small alleys. They have their own unique themes and tasty street foods.Insadong-gil, samcheongdong-gil, garosu-gil are my favorite :D  You guys need to visit Korea!

Area of study and how you chose it:

I’m studying Communications & Media with a concentration in Journalism & PR, and double majoring in International Studies.

I like meeting various people, and hearing their different ideas. It inspires me a lot. That’s why I chose my major, and I came here.

Why did you choose Chatham?

Actually, I didn’t know Chatham well at first. So I chose Chatham because Chatham has a good location. Despite other options, finally I came here.Chatham is my destiny~☆I like here, Chatham, and Pittsburgh <3

What at Chatham are you thankful for?

I’m thankful for everything around at Chatham.People are so sweeeeet ;)Almost all Chatham girls are generous with the compliments.Especially my lovely roommates, Krista, Amanda, and Jennifer.The shuttle drivers are also so generous!Thank you so much:<33333

What is your favorite food at Thanksgiving Dinner?

Stuffing with cranberry is the best <3

Suppose you can assign one book for everyone at Chatham to read. Which one do you choose and why?

Zorba the GreekI read this book before coming to the U.S. Zorba is passionate. He makes me ask myself, “What do you want to do sincerely?”

What are you involved in on campus?

I’m an international student from Korea and a member of the Her Campus Chatham team.

What are you involved in off campus?

Before I came to the Chatham, I was a member of the promotion team for Shoes of Hope Festival. It is a global festival of sharing shoes with a peaceful message for underprivileged children around the world.

Which Chatham course challenged you most, and what did you learn from the experience?

I’m taking an Introduction to Reporting course this semester.In this class, I have to find a news item every week, and I need to interview some people. It was difficult for me. But, I discovered my voice at Chatham through the class.

Hot chocolate or hot coffee?

Hot coffee

Pumpkin or peppermint?

Peppermint

Ice skating or ice hockey?

Ice skating

Changing leaves or falling snow?

Falling snow

Childhood Dream Job:

Announcer

Current Dream Job:

PR professional (contributing to the globalization of Korean food)

What is one tradition you celebrate during the holiday season? What do you love about it?

I like being in a cozy café with a fireplace. There must be a holiday festival, and it must be crowded outside. I prefer watching the view through the window and talking of this, that and the other with my loving friends or family. That’s what gives me happiness. Actually it is a little bit different in this year. I went to Light Up Night. It was awesome:) Moreover I’ll go to New York City’s Times Square at the end of the year. I’m looking forward to it!!!

What do you love most about being a Chatham student?

There are many small happenings at our campus. They help me never get bored.

Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.