Your Guide to Getting on The Nice List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

I don’t know if you’ve heard, but rumor has it he’s making a list and checking it twice. Some have spots reserved on The Nice List, the rest have fingers crossed that college hasn’t banished them to the other one (you naughty devils, you.)

It might be too late to right your wrongs, but it’s never a bad idea to spread the holiday cheer. I can’t guarantee that it’ll keep the coal out of your stocking, but performing a few random acts of Christmas kindness might earn you some brownie points with The (jolly) Big Man.

Celebrate what Christmas is all about with these simple, charitable deeds:

1. Buy a drink for the customer behind you at a coffee shop.

2. Bake cookies and deliver them to the homeless around your town.

3. String your neighbors’ Christmas lights or shovel their driveways. Yes, Southern Californians, some people have to deal with snow during the winter. Crazy…

4. Help the elderly carry their groceries or Christmas shopping bags to the car.

5. Donate your change instead of letting it collect at the bottom of your purse.

6. Bring homemade treats or warm hot chocolate to the mailman.

7. Babysit for free. After all, it’s Christmas party season and adults love those.

8. Offer to let someone cut in front of you in a long line.

9. Wish strangers a Merry Christmas. Stranger danger takes a break for the holidays.

10. Sing loud for all to hear.

And if these aren’t enough to get you off The Naughty List, you may want to think about drafting your New Years Resolutions… Happy do-gooding and best of luck with your stocking!