Why February Is The Real Start of Your #newyearnewme Plans

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

I know I can’t be the only one who wakes up from the hibernation sleep that is winter break and is shocked to see that somehow the entire month of January has just flown by.

Where did the time go? What about my amazingly thought out and inspiring New Year’s resolutions? I was going to read more! Spend less time online! This was the year I was going to work out!

That’s why, like in any good game or adventure in life, you need to have a trial run, you know, a practice round

Because let’s be real, while you may do well the first time, you will always do better the second time around

Now ideally I would love to have back the entire month of January to right my wrongs and be the newly productive person I had promised to my 2015 self I would be.

But sadly, that’s not the case. As we know all too well, time marches on, and our procrastination and laziness regrets will always be with us.

That’s okay though! That’s why February is here! To be the ‘new year’ you really need. January doesn’t count and this trial run isn’t a reflection of how the rest of the year is going to look.

Wake up with new vigor! New enthusiasm! Channel your inner 2007 Miley Cyrus and start the day anew!

Or you know, if you already have your life together, like an actual person, then good for you. Some people don’t need a new year or resolutions to continue being their wonderfully awesome selves

But for the rest of us who need a little push in the right direction towards being our best selves, we need reminders that there is always room for improvement.

So if January just wasn’t quite your month, don’t even stress about it because February will be! Revalue your goals, find your focus and aim towards success. Together we shall overcome and live up our #newyearnewme insta posts.

…….Oh hey March, how you doing?