This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

For those of you who don’t know me personally, I hail from a far away place called “the Midwest.” The Midwest is known for a lot of things. We have corn, Chryslers, historic architecture, and perhaps most importantly, unpredictable weather. (Did you know it was snowing in May this year?) Anywho, here are some products you can use to keep your hair damage-free and weather-resistant, so even when the forecast fails, your hair won’t.

Schwarzkopf BlondeMe Blonde Brilliance Intense Treatment

This is one of my favorite products of all time! It’s called “BlondeMe” but it can be used on any color hair. BlondeMe is a deep conditioning mask that you apply on wet hair and leave in for anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes, depending on your length and thickness. It’s perfect for adding into your shower routine. BlondeMe is composed of a keralumiere infusion with keratin and silkpowder extract. Its keratin boost complex repairs inner hair structure and provides intense hair strength, elasticity and vitality. BlondeMe replenishes the hair with moisture leaving it feeling soft, healthy, and shiny.

The Wet Brush

If you’re like me, brushing your hair out after a shower is a grueling, 20 minute process. It got even worse when I got ombre highlights. I bought a handful of brushes but somehow managed to snap nearly all of them. I finally found a solution with The Wet Brush. Here’s the bottom line: everyone should have one. Why? They are so gentle on your hair! Perfect for every kind of hair, the The Wet Brush’s thin bristles detangle your mane with a single swipe. And they come in a bunch of colors and patterns!

Morrocan Oil

You’ve probably seen the iconic turquoise and orange bottles lining the shelves of your local beauty spot. But trust me: they’re worth the hype. Although I was already sold when I took a whiff of the stuff (it will transport you to a beautiful tropical island), morrocan and argan oils naturally provide protective antioxidants and vitamins that other treatments just don’t have. It blends perfectly with other products and even speeds up drying time. This treatment for hair completely transforms and repairs as its formula transports lost proteins for strength; fatty acids, omega-3 oils and vitamins for shine. It absorbs instantly to fill gaps in hair created by heat, styling and environmental damage.

Caviar Blonde Brightening Mist & Pravana Fresh Volumizing Dry Shampoo

Holla at my highlighted homies and blonde babes! This mist not only smells like lemonade on a summer’s day, but adds incredible shine without making your hair look greasy. The formula has tiny little sparkles that put some major umph in your light locks with each spritz. The best part is it has no artificial ingredients or parabens and protects against UV rays! 

No time to shower? Not a problem. Pravana is one of the best options on the market for soaking up excess oil fast. Make your fresh blowout last days longer with this complete-package dry shampoo. It leaves no icky white residue, eliminates odor, and adds volume. One tiny can lasted me all through a sweltering summer!

Check out some of these amazing products, and check back soon for even more! Your locks will love you for it :)

Xo, C

kitten lover and burrito enthusiast. go panthers! delta gamma - // chicago // orange county //