Preparing for a Midnight Premiere

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

With the much-anticipated The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1 premiere coming up, many Hunger Games fans can’t wait until Friday, and instead are attending the midnight premiere on Thursday night. But going to a premiere of a popular movie comes with intense crowds, never-ending lines, and rowdy, irritable movie-goers. Here are 5 tips to make your midnight movie experience memorable.

1. Buy your tickets online days in advance. Especially if a movie is popular or part of a well-known series, tickets will sell out almost immediately. It’s super vital to be proactive about buying tickets.

2. Be crafty! Making matching T-shirts with your friends to wear at the premiere will give you something to do while you wait all week for the movie. Are you Team Peeta or Team Gale? (Or are you Team Jennifer Lawrence, like me?) Show your spirit and passion for the movie that you are staying up all hours of the night to watch.

3. Get there early. And I mean early. I know people who start standing in line 24 hours before the movie starts. You don’t necesarily have to go that extreme, but definitely anticipate ridiculous lines and long waiting periods.

4. Bring snacks. Movie theather food will probably not be enough to sustain you through those long lines, so I suggest preparing a PB&J or bringing some fruit to hold you over until you can indulge in popcorn and candy.

5. Bring something to do. Since you will be in line for so long, you will inevitably get bored. Bring books, board games, playing cards, or movies to pass the time. Especially if you’re with the friends, the time will fly by.