Pinterest Test: Turmeric Face Mask

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

For this week’s Pinterest Test, I wanted to try something to do with beauty. I figured a homemade face mask would be perfect since they’re usually made from ingredients that everyone has around the house at all times.  

As I was scrolling through Pinterest, looking for the perfect mask to try, I came across a turmeric face mask that claimed to give you glowing skin, and help with acne, rosacea, eczema, and dark circles.  This seemed to be the perfect one since the person I was testing this on had all of those problems.  (For the pin click here).  And there were only 3 ingredients (but I used a fourth; see below)!

So, to begin, I laid out all the ingredients I needed.  You’ll notice that I added some rice flour as part of my ingredients to give the mask a bit more of a paste-like consistency.

Next, I simply mixed all my ingredients in a small bowl until I got the desired consistency.

Now it was time to apply the mask.  So, here’s a picture of what her skin looked like before.

Here’s a picture of what the mask looks like when it’s applied to the face.  Since I didn’t have a brush to apply it with, I used a makeup sponge to spread it all over her face.

After 20 minutes, she went to wash it off with cool water and dabbed her face dry.  Here is the result.

If you can’t tell her face is yellow!  I knew turmeric stained, but I didn’t think it would stain her face!  Let’s just say the next day at school wasn’t a very fun day for this girl…..

So, this Pinterest test was a big fat FAIL!