Max Seraphim: The Next Jack Johnson?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

As a guitar player, ocean lover, and an indie inspired singer, the up and coming sophomore Hans (Max) Seraphim is making girls swoon left and right. The recent Hawaii transfer is inspired by the music of John Mayer, Ben Howard, and Jack Johnson (which makes sense, because he sounds just like them!). We got personal with Max to get the scoop on his amazing pipes and what he plans to do with them next.

Palos Verdes original, Max transferred to Chapman this semester from Hawaii Pacific University. Although he kicked butt on the soccer team and enjoyed the “aloha” spirit, he was super interested in our prestigious Argyros School of Business and Economics and joining our very talented Men’s Soccer team. His long time friends from back home are also fellow panthers, which made Chapman even more of a perfect fit. He is now double majoring in Business Administration and Economics with an emphasis in Real Estate and Entrepreneurship. In addition, he is a pledge of the Beta Sigma Chapter of the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity. Oh, and fun fact, he was born in Frankfurt, Germany and just became a U.S. citizen last year.

Max has been singing for a couple of years now, but “just for fun” he claims. He doesn’t have any musical background but is blessed with talent. Although most would say he is the next American Idol, he has no plans to pursue music in the future. Bummer. But on the bright side, he will continue to mess around with some melodies for friends and family.