jakob owens WUmb eBrpjs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens WUmb eBrpjs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Ivy – Not Your Average Social Media App

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Social media apps, whether or not we care to admit it, run our lives. Instagram shows off the impressive things about our lives and is a platform for all of those #tbt’s of our awkward stages. Snapchat allows us to send those screen-shotable double chins, or express our day through “My Story”. Twitter allows us to share our voice- whether that be funny or informative- to show off our budding personalities and personal views. Tinder – and don’t you dare deny that you either currently use or or have used it at some point – allows us to meet those around us. And finally the king of them all, Facebook, allows us to stay constantly connected and updated.

I personally just got exhausted even writing about all of those, let alone thinking about having to keep up-to-date with them.  So why, you might ask, would I be writing to you about yet another social media app that will crowd up your screen and bring stress upon your day? Well to answer that question I must first say first that I, and I believe I speak for most people when I say this, crave social media. Constantly being connected to those around me and the affirmation from a like here-or-there, a post on my wall, or a retweet, is a comforting feeling. So, with that, enter stage left: Ivy, the app. 

Ivy is a social media app that kind of combines all of your apps, allowing for more creation, affirmation, and most importantly, connection. Their mission is to bring communities together by giving users a way to share what they’re doing with the people around them. Ivy gives you a stream of trending content including Ivy posts, Instagram, Twitter, weather, and sports schedules that are all based on your location, giving you a complete snapshot of who and what’s around you.  The more condensed the location (say Chapman’s campus versus the city of Orange) the more fun the app gets, because you get see what’s going on around you.

So, you may be wondering, what are some of Ivy’s special features?

Well as stated above, you can stream from all your social media accounts, allowing for one place to easily stream all of your posts, pictures, or tweets.

Also, you know that pesky feature on Snapchat where you can’t take screenshots of someone’s snap without them seeing that you’ve taken the screenshot? Well Ivy eliminates that. You can easily screenshot a cute pic of that boy or his latest post and he’ll never know! Score 1 for stalking!

You can message someone, allowing for just another way to annoy your best friend or maybe talk to that cute new guy who started following you.

I don’t know about you but I hate it when someone Snapchats a sandwich or latte that looks like it will transport me straight to heaven, but then I don’t know where they got it from. But with Ivy you can easily post your exact location and store name so that one can too induldge in that little piece of heaven.

Ivy allows to stay connected with those around you, easily see whats trending, stalk like no one’s business, and share what’s going on in your life. Think about it like the burrito of social media apps, all of you favorite toppings, meats, beans, and rices (aka features) of all your favorite social media apps wrapped in one nice, neat tortilla (Ivy).

So join in today and download the app, it will definitely be worth that extra phone time.