“Hello Guys it’s Chloe May and Welcome to My Channel”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Age: 18

Year: Freshmen

Major: News and Documentary 

Affiliation– Pi Beta Phi

Hometown: San Jose, California

How long have you been a professional Youtuber?

I have had my Youtube channel for about 7 years. I started it just because when I was younger I would use my great uncle’s camcorder and make fun videos and it kind of transformed into ‘oh maybe I should share this with other people!’ and Youtube is the easiest, most successful thing, so I just started putting them on Youtube.

What’s the weirdest experience you’ve had with a fan?

I wouldn’t say this is weird, but the second or third year I went to Vidcon, when my channel started taking off and getting more popular, this young girl, this was my first time seeing a fan and it was super cute, was with her friends and she was like pointing at me and she was really nervous to come up and talk to me, so her friends came up to me for her and said that their friend really loves you and wants a picture with you, so I gave her a hug and took a picture and she was like freaking out. It was the cutest thing ever.

What are your videos about?

I like to think my channel is pretty diverse, so that way it is easier to have a broader audience. I do music, lifestyle, where I just talk about me and my life in general, and I do some comedy, some collaborations with my mom, my friends, or other Youtubers. I try to keep it fresh so people don’t get bored because I think that is important for Youtube.

If someone could only watch 2 of your videos, which ones would you recommend?

Reading my Diary and Dear Future Husband cover

What other hobbies do you have?

I have my own photography business which I started 3 years ago. I take people’s headshots, family portraits, or senior portraits or anything people want! It’s been like my job throughout high school. Photography is really fun.

How long do you plan on continuing Youtubing?

I know that I definitely don’t want to stop anytime soon!

Here’s a link to her channel for you to check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI2jdr84j1pXqzD9NupKdFA