Hard Work Always Pays Off

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Here’s my advice: Work hard and put serious effort into everything that you set out to do. Stop taking your education for granted and start making the most of this valuable opportunity. Do you realize how lucky you are to have this amazing chance to gain an education? 

Stop thinking it’s “cute” or “hilarious” to barely scrape through your classes. Start putting actual effort into your work. Hard work always pays off. If you put your mind to something and are determined to achieve it, there’s nothing you can’t do. Stop listening to people who tell you to skip class, or say there’s no point to them. Learning begins the moment you step into a classroom. It’s not just academic learning, but you are also learning important life lessons. Talking to your classmates and professors will teach you things you never even thought you needed to know.

Work hard, and I promise it will change your life. Create goals for yourself, and put in valiant effort into working toward achieving them. You are capable of achieving anything you set your mind to.  

If you want to do well on a test, spend actual time studying for it instead of opening your book an hour before the test. If you want to make a particular sports team, get outside and practice with people who you can learn from. If you have your heart set on joining your favorite club on campus, go talk to current members about it, and put in endless amounts of thought into your application to show you are dedicated. 

Work hard and watch how you achieve everything your heart desires. It only takes a little hard work. There is no shortcut and no secret formula. It’s just pure honest hard work.