First Semester of Freshman Year Narrated in GIFs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

1. You’re excited for a new chapter in your life, and can’t wait to soak in everything that collegiate life has to offer you!

2. You’re met with a flurry of introductions, and it’ll take you upwards of two weeks to begin to retain anyone’s name.

3. Just when you’re starting to find your footing, the time comes when your parents say their goodbyes.

4. You try your hardest to decorate your dorm like the Pinterest queens do (to no avail.)

5. No one warned you that taking an 8 a.m. in college is pretty much impossible to handle.

6. On a positive note: hot… people… everywhere…

7. You fully embrace the clueless freshman mentality, carrying a campus map PDF on your phone.

8. The first roommate argument is probably over something frivolous, like toothpaste.

9. You start to get the hang of living on your own and taking advantage of your independence.

10. You get waaay to excited about the social scene, and experience a night that you wish you could forget.

11. The experience of sorority rush has you saying the phrase “girl crush” more than ever before.

12. Finding amazingly genuine friends to introduce to your BFFs back home.

13. Understanding for yourself why the ‘broke college student’ stereotype exists.

14. Also understanding the ‘freshman 15’ stereotype.

15. Your first finals week.

16. Acing a test, and seeing your hard work pay off!

17. Feeling like a resident badass on your first day of second semester.