The Do’s and Don’t of Life with Big Boobs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Let’s all be honest, most girls would love to have big boobs, but those of us that are lucky enough to have them know that they aren’t always a blessing, especially when it comes to getting dressed in the morning!

Personally, I sometimes wish my boobs were smaller and it’s only because they can be such an inconvenience! I have a 36 DDD bust (Yes! That is an actual bust measurement!), however it is not an easy bra size to find.  It’s a miracle if I can even find that size in stores; most of the time I have to go to specialty stores that only carry bras, which can be pretty expensive. Not to mention, it means that most of my bras aren’t very cute! (Say bye bye to cute Victoria Secret and Pink bras!)

My boobs started growing when I was in 3rd grade, by 4th I was wearing a training bra, and when I was in 5th grade I got my first real bra.  I was so excited because none of my friends wore bras and I was the first, which made me think I was lucky! Somedays I would give up anything for a B or C cup size, even chocolate!  But there is nothing I can do about it now, so I’ve learned to adapt my style to fit my large bust so here are some of the helpful tips that I have used over the years!

1. Do understand that people will stare at your boobs. It’s going to happen, just accept it!

2. Don’t try to hide your boobs under baggy shirts and clothes because you are fooling no one!! It can even cause your boobs to look even bigger (NOT what you want!)!  

3. Do invest in a good bra!!! Please, if there is one thing that you take away from this, it is that you need a great bra because they make your life so much easier!  They might be expensive, but a reliable bra will help you love your boobs because they look so much better when you’re actually wearing the right size!! 

4. Do wear clothes that actually fit! Some girls think big boobs make it okay for them to wear shirts that are two sizes too small, which again does nothing for their bodies. This too will make your bust look larger!

5. Don’t wear skinny jeans with a flowy top! All it does is make you look like you have stick legs with a block as an upper body. When getting dressed, try to balance your lower body with your upper body, which will give you more of an hourglass shape.  

6. Don’t be angry when people ask you questions about your boobs; they are just fascinated with them!  (I mean who wouldn’t be! They are really fascinating and most girls would kill for your boobs!) My best friend loves my boobs; she says that hugging me is like hugging a cloud, which I take as a compliment

7. Do be confident in your body because it is B-E-A-UTIFUL no matter what size you are!!