Chapman Students Favorite Thanksgiving Memories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

“I’m from Seattle, every year my family and I go to the space needle for Thanksgiving.”

Joy

Freshman, Vocal Performance Major

“ We never stay home for Thanksgiving, we always go and travel. Since we don’t have a lot of extended family close by, my family always goes and finds something new and interesting. One year we went to Lake Tahoe, another year we were in Palm Springs. One time we had miso soup instead of turkey. We are not particularly traditional.”

Morgan

Senior, Business Admin Major

“I guess it would be when I was younger, my whole family would go to my grandmas house. We would celebrate everyone’s birthdays because everyone’s birthdays are around that time. But we haven’t done that in five or six years.”

Gaby 

Senior, Business Admin Major

“One time my immediate family and I did a second Thanksgiving. We took this hilarious picture of having food coma.”

Lara

Sophomore, Kinesiology Major

“We used to do fancy Thanksgiving dinners. We had napkin rings for each of the cloth napkins. I used to collect them after the end of every Thanksgiving  meal. My parents and everyone else would try to hide them from me. So I’d run around the dining room and try to steal all of them.”

Melanie

Junior, Creative Writing Major

“Three of my cousins have birthdays during the week of Thanksgiving. So we’d always celebrate then. When we were younger, two of them were scared of the birthday song, so every Thanksgiving we make fun of them for being afraid.”

Erika

Sophomore, Kinesiology Major

“Last year when we went to a restaurant with my relatives and family. That was my first Thanksgiving being a vegetarian.”

Catherine

Sophomore, Nutrition Major

“My Dad decided to be friendly and bake bread for our neighborhood, except he forgot to put baking soda in it. The bread came out of the oven looking fine and then we let it sit out for a little while. He put slices of bread in bags and handed them out to all the neighbors. But when we went to eat some at dinner, we realized they were as hard as rocks. We felt mortified that all the neighbors had this bread.” 

Roxana

Senior, Biology Major