8 Reasons Why You Should Watch Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

1. Kimmy teaches us how to cope with stress.

Whether it’s taking things 10 seconds at a time, or shouting “I’m not really here!”, Kimmy shows us the importance of optimism in face of strife.

2. Titus teaches us the importance of sass.

Titus is a man who knows his worth. He owes money? Too bad, he doesn’t have any. Titus doesn’t take sh*t from anyone, and neither should we.

3. Jacqueline teaches us to never forget our roots.

Although she may have fell off the wagon (or should I say buffalo) for a few years, Jacqueline teaches us that our roots connect us to our values and ultimately to our true selves.

4. Kimmy’s dad teaches us the meaning of loyalty.

Kimmy’s dad, Randy, never forgets what true loyalty is. As if traveling across the country for Kimmy’s birthday wasn’t enough, Randy partakes in, well, criminal activity in search of Kimmy’s sister. If that isn’t loyalty, I’m not sure what is.

5. Kimmy teaches us to never give up on ourselves.

Kimmy is the greatest role model for never giving up. From finding a place to live, to revving up her GED class, to gaining respect from the Voorhees, Kimmy truly is unbreakable.

6. Jacqueline and Kimmy teach us how to succeed on our own terms.

All by herself, Kimmy creates a life in New York. With Kimmy’s help, Mrs. Voorhees realizes that she deserves more than her loveless marriage. These women take life by the horns and do what makes them happy.

7. Kimmy teaches us to love our friends no matter what.

Titus tends to wallow in self-pity. Mrs. Voorhees has issues. Cyndee loves to call herself a mole-woman. Despite these character flaws, Kimmy loves her friends and helps them when they need it.

8. Kimmy Schmidt teaches us that females are strong as hell.

Just as the theme song states.