8 Reasons Why We’ll Miss Michelle Obama As First Lady

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

After eight years of having Michelle Obama as our First Lady, it’s going to be an adjustment to see her go. She’s an important role model for the millennial generation and future generations because of what she stands for, who she is and what she has accomplished.  

1. She pushed Americans to be healthy.

Americans definitely need a little more health in their lives and Michelle delivered. She made a huge difference in restaurants and schools to add more healthy options and encouraged kids to get out and exercise.

2. She’s been serving looks since day one.

When’s the last time you’ve seen a First Lady with this style? Those curves? Never.

3. The arms

Her toned arms and fitness are legendary because, damn, look at those guns.

4. She knows how to have fun.

Unlike previous first ladies, Michelle isn’t afraid to let loose and act like a real person. She regularly appears on talk shows, skits or other less serious forms of media and gives a refreshing take on how to act as the First Lady. When’s the last time you saw a first lady bust a move like that?

5. She’s not afraid to tell it like it is.

Every speech Michelle delivers hits home, whether it be slamming Donald Trump’s comments about women or any other topic that needs to be addressed. She doesn’t shy away from tough subjects, but tackles them head on with eloquence and force.

6. She knows what’s important.

She’s a driven, goal-oriented woman who advocates to young women that appearance isn’t the most important quality a woman can have. There’s more to a girl than how she looks.

7. Mr. and Mrs. Obama are the best power couple.

They are both successful, powerful, graceful people that highlight each other’s strengths and improve each other’s lives. Also, you can really tell they’re in a loving, happy marriage. If they aren’t married couple goals, I don’t know who is.

8. Ultimately, she’s iconic.

There will never be another First Lady like her. There will never be another person like her. We’ll miss you, Michelle.