photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

5 Tips for Throwing the Best Friendsgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Not all of us can get home to our families this Thanksgiving, so many of us opt for a “friendsgiving” — Thanksgiving with your closest friends — which is practically a family meal anyway, right? Here are five things to keep in mind while planning your Friendsgiving.

1. Plan it potluck style

Making all that food requires a lot of cooking and a lot of money. Planning your friendsgiving as a potluck makes it easier on the host and brings a variety of different traditions and flavors to your Thanksgiving meal.

2. Have a cool playlist

An amazing playlist is a must for any friendsgiving. Check out Spotify for playlists people have already made, or you could ask all of your guests to suggest some of their favorite songs to get them into the festive mood.

3. Cute fall decorations

You want everyone to get FOMO when you post pics of your amazing friendsgiving on Instagram, right? Then aesthetic is very important. You can have DIY fall decorations, fairy lights and maybe some cute little pumpkins to get your guests into the Thanksgiving mood.

4. Prepare some games

Make sure to have some fun games planned for when the turkey is in the oven or when everyone is letting their first round of food digest.

5. Try to limit TV time

Sure, you can leave on the Macy’s parade or a football game, but it could be nice to turn the television off and focus on socializing and making amazing memories with your best friends.