5 Super Versatile Wardrobe Must Haves For Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

1. An LBD

There is absolutely no way to go wrong with a super cute little black dress. Dress it up or down, this piece can go from sultry to cozy with just a few accessories. Try pairing it with a loose knit cardigan for those chilly spring mornings or a pair of chunky statement heels for a wild night out.

My personal favorite – (Brandy Melville)

2. A Metallic Statement Necklace

There are so many variations of this key piece that you can find in almost any store, whether it be Coco Rose in Old Town Orange (where I got mine!) or online. Choosing a necklace that is simply silver or gold increases its versatility tenfold, and insures you can wear it anytime, anyplace.

My personal favorite – (Urban Outfitters)

3. An Oversized Denim Jacket

One of my favorite new purchases for the spring is the denim jacket. Choose a pale, sky blue light wash jacket for a flexible not-too-hot piece that pairs with almost anything. My secret to finding that perfect oversized feel is to find one from the men’s section (or steal your boyfriends!).

My personal favorite – (Asos)

4. A Pair of Birkenstock Sandals

Now, these might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but in my opinion, they should be. Sometimes described as ugly old man shoes, alternate versions of these babies have been gracing high fashion runways around the world. Pair them with socks for an ironic twist, and make sure to choose the soft footbed ones to feel like you’re walking on air. Be it a day at Newport or a shopping trip to South Coast Plaza, you can’t go wrong with your pair.

My personal favorite – (Birkenstock)

5. A Simple Leather Tote

No need to splurge $3,000 on a new Balenciaga (as if we could!). You can’t go wrong with one of these faux-leather totes slung over your shoulder. They are not too flashy, so you can throw your schoolbooks in one or dress it up with your LBD. Choose a light cream or pink color for a nice spring feel that will match any outfit and any occasion. How chic!

My personal favorite – (Forever 21)

SoCal girl with an unhealthy obsession for man buns.