courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The 5 Struggles of Being the Planner of Your Friend Group

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

3 weeks earlier: “Yeah oh my god, I’m SO down!”

Few days before the plan: “Oh, RIIIIGHT, when was that again?”

As the planner of your group, you know just how hard it is to get people to get their sh*t together. Endless amounts of research, budgeting, and negotiating just to make that Spring Break trip happen, and WHO decides to forget that their Aunt Jill is “actually going to be in town that weekend?”

Making plans come to life isn’t an easy task, and these are just some of the struggles you experiences if you’re the planner of the group, or in other words, the responsible one.

1. Nobody can make their mind up about anything.

You have to pretty much pull teeth to figure out what you and your friends are going to do for dinner, let alone plan anything major. 

2. No one will respond to your group texts

It seems as if everyone has disappeared when you want to find out who’s ready to go out that night.

3. People always “forget”

You’ll tell them about five times that week that you need to money for the Airbnb by Friday, and someone will somehow, still manage to forget.

4. You’ll stress out, probably more than you need to.

Most of your friends at this point will diagnose you with some level of OCD. The amount of ‘chill out’s you’ll hear in the processing of planning something is unbelieveable. And although you know you probably should, no one else can make it as perfect as you will.

5. There will always be SOMEONE who complains.

At the end of the day, you can’t please everyone. But you’ll know that your friends are thankful for you, and it’s a job well done, because honestly, how would they get anything done without you?