This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Stage 1: Denial

You don’t have to start on that assignment right now…There are literally so many other more appealing things to do! Go grab a snack and catch up on some Netflix.

Stage 2: Low-key Panic

Okay, maybe you should start on that assignment you’ve been putting off. Just maybe, though. You could do other things now and still get a somewhat decent amount of sleep tonight. Or you could start the assignment now and actually get a good night’s sleep. Eh, who needs sleep anyway?

Stage 3: Extreme Panic

Where has the time gone?! Just six hours ago you told yourself you would start the assignment in 20 minutes and now it’s 1 a.m., and you can’t even remember what the assignment is about!! Will you even finish? Is sleep even an option anymore??

Stage 4: Acceptance

Deep breaths…this is just going to have to be one of those nights. One all-nighter isn’t so bad, right? You can just put as minimal effort into this assignment as possible.

Stage 5: Overdrive

Time to get down to business. This is the part when you furiously attempt to make up for any time you lost. Fingers typing at a million words a minute, brain using whatever little power is left. YOU CAN DO THIS!