This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

It is alarming how quickly college passes by.  It’s important to make the most of your time and not take things for granted. Although it has its faults, freshman year is an exciting time in everyone’s college experience and something you will greatly miss when you aren’t a freshman anymore. These are five things that you probably long for if you’re not a freshman. And if you are, enjoy these luxuries while you can!

1.     The Caf 

You’re probably rolling your eyes but hear me out. The Caf was not anyone’s first choice but it was always a fun place to hang out with your friends and complain at the lack of variety. Also when you’re on your own, you have to cook for yourself and that usually means cereal for all three meals.

2.     Not A Lot Of Homework

You basically just have to show up for your General Ed classes and you’ll get an A. Yes, freshman year had its challenging moments but the homework is nothing compared to what is waiting for you in the years to come.

3.     Dorm halls

Dorm life is basically a 24/7 sleepover. There was always something happening and new people to meet.

4.     Being excited

When you’re a freshman, everything is a new adventure. It’s also the first time you’re truly on your own! No curfew???  Adult life seems like a blast.

5.     Having free time

I had so much free time freshman year to do whatever I wanted. Now, it’s a miracle if I eat dinner before 10 pm. Fill the time with things you really want to be doing because you won’t get it again for a long time.

Freshman year isn’t perfect but it is a time where you are excited and almost worry-free. Remember to enjoy every year of college because you don’t know how good things are until they’re gone!