This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

It’s a Sunday, you are feeling bored and wondering what to should do. As you sip your PSL and watch the fall leaves turn brown (we wish), you think: maybe I should decorate! The only problem is, what to make? Here are five fun DIYs to help you decorate for fall!

1. Glamorously Glittered Mason Jar Candles:

What you need: 

Mason Jars

Mod Podge (Glue)

Candles (any scent you like works!) 

Glitter

How to:

1) Apply modge podge/glue on area of the mason jar you want to add glitter to. If you want it to be more ombre, add more modge podge/glue to where you want the most glitter (top or bottom).

2) After applying glitter let dry

Ideas for designs: Polka dots, hearts, ombre, glitter only on the bottom, glitter only around the rim on the mason jar

2. Glistening Glittery Acorns

What you need:

1)   Acorns

2)   Glue

3)   Glitter (Martha Stewart has good glittering glue and glitter)

How to:

1)   Put the glittering glue all over the acorns

2)   Pour the glitter on the acorns or have separate containers for each glitter color and dip the acorns 

3)   Let the acorns dry

4)   Optional: When the acorns dry you can put them in a glass vase or mason jar and put them as centerpieces on a table!

3. Funky Fall Candle Centerpieces

What you need:

1)   Candles of all different sizes

2)   Fake leaves

3)   Burlap

4)   String (any color you like)

5)   Optional: Plate for all the candles

How to:

1)   Cut the burlap into small patches

2)   Place the small patches on the candle where you would like to place the leaves (you can put as many leave as you want, but typically 1-2 is best)

3)   Tie the string around the candle 2 times so the burlap patch and leaf do not fall off

4)   Repeat for each candle!

4. Glowing Glittery Pumpkins

What you need:

1)   Pumpkin (s)

2)   Glue

3)   Glitter (any color you like)

4)   Optional: Carving tools and candles

How to:

1)   Put glue on where you would like the glitter to be on the pumpkin (can be ombre design, polka dot design, hearts, etc.)

2)   Let the pumpkin dry

3)   Optional: If you want you can carve the pumpkin and put candles inside! Once the pumpkin is carved and the candles are in place then do steps 1-2.

Note: If you carve the pumpkin it will be hard to put glitter on the top, so stick to the bottom of the pumpkin!

5. Perfectly Sweet Potpourri

What you need:

1)   1 orange peel

2)   1 cut up apple

3)   2 large cinnamon sticks

4)   A pot to put on the stove (something big enough to hold all these things plus water)

5)   1.5 cups of water (can keep refilling when need to)

6)   1 tablespoon almond extract

7)   1 tablespoon vanilla extract

8)   1 tablespoon cloves

How to:

1)   Take the orange peel and put into the pot

2)   Cut up the apple and add it to the pot with the orange peel

3)   Break up the cinnamon sticks and add it into this same mixture

4)   Once all added to one pot pour in the 1.5 cups of water

5)   Add the almond extract, vanilla extract and cloves

6)   Stir so its all mixed up in the container

7)   Place on the stove and let simmer

8)   Now you have your sweet smelling mix!

Note: You can use this same mixture for about 3 days and can store it inside the fridge over night.