2016 Presidential Candidates as Mean Girls Characters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Ted Cruz – Principal Duvall

This senator played a major role in the government shutdown of 2013 in order to deal with Republican issues surrounding ObamaCare. Similarly, Principal Duvall shut down the school in order to deal with administrative issues surrounding the burn book.

Rand Paul – Ms. Norbury

He’s continuously attacked by opponent Donald Trump, like his counterpart Ms. Norbury is continuously attacked by her students.

Mike Huckabee – Coach Carr

He wants to cut off women’s access to a no co-pay birth control, suggesting they should just learn to control their libido. Coach Carr simply instructs his students not to have sex.

John Kasich – Aaron Samuels

A lot of his views are relatively moderate, but he’s ultimately a conservative. His much-more-attractive parallel is also moderate in the cliques he associates with, but ultimately is won over by The Plastics.

Ben Carson – the girl who “doesn’t even go here!”

He is a neurosurgeon in a sea of politicians and economic/business masters. Self explanatory.

Jeb Bush – Regina’s little sister

He is following in the footsteps of his brother and father, much like the little girl who’s working to be like her sister and “cool mom.”

Hillary Clinton – Regina’s “Cool Mom”

Hillary is really trying to get in touch with the youth of America, and has been gearing her campaign to pleasing teens and young adults. That’s the lifestyle of her Mean Girls character equivalent.

Chris Christie – Karen Smith

As governor of New Jersey for the past eight years, he’s been really oblivious to the pressing issues of his state, much like Karen is oblivious to every single thing going on around her.

Carly Fiorina – Gretchen Weiners

Her life and career were so “full of secrets,” just like her equivalent’s hair.

Bernie Sanders – Janice Ian

This guy may be seen as an extreme to some, but underneath it all he’s just trying to make America a functional and fair country, just how Janice is with North Eastern High.

Marco Rubio – Cady Heron within The Plastics

His world is plastic and he only cares about the plastic elements that matter to him — he has a disregard for the issues that really matter. Basically Cady as her Mean Girl self.

Donald Trump – Regina George

In every aspect Trump is a plastic. His fake, dictator-like, plastic lifestyle channels Regina George, ruler of the school.

A girl from the suburbs of Roseville, CA exploring everything Orange County.