This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

The first day of spring is approaching! Be sure to save the date: Sunday March 20th.  Lets welcome this new glorious season with open arms! If you’re a fellow lover of spring, lets bask in the reasons why we love this post-winter/pre-summer time of year. Here are the top 12 reasons why we love this season!

1. Spring Cleaning. When you get that random urge to clean anything and everything, you know spring is approaching. The process just never seems to be done because there’s always something to rearrange or organize. But have no fear! No matter how long it takes just know it is a rewarding one.

2. The flowers. Say good-bye to instragrams of snow and ice! Get ready for an abundance of flower pictures and all things spring. Spring flowers just seem to liven up everyone’s mood because they’re just so darn beautiful. 

3. The outdoors. The weather has changed for the better! No longer do we have to seek refuge indoors on cool days. Take library sessions outside, go enjoy walks, or just bask in the sun! The motivation to be outside just doesn’t stop.

4. Longer days. More sun light = more activities! Take advantage of the longer days to get more out of your day and be sure not to waste any sunlight!

5. Festival season. Oh music lovers, we all know that spring is definitely your season. There are tons of festivals all across the nation with so many different bands and types of music. There’s bound to be one for you! As we all know Coachella, EDC, Stagecoach, and Wanderlust are just around the corner. Get excited!

6. Procrastinating on getting that bikini bod. Summer is still one full season away so don’t you worry about indulging. There’s plenty of time to achieve your workout goals! Also, you have even more time to plan what cute bathing suits you’re going to buy for the summer season.

7. Baby animals. We all know spring is coming when pictures of cute baby animals all over our social media accounts. Who doesn’t love a random puppy video every now and then? It’s #motivation to keep going strong though midterms and the semester.

8. Spring fashion. With all the hottest designers releasing their latest collections, we have an even better reason to online (and in-store) shop. Here’s to the sundresses, sandals, shorts, and cute tank tops!

9. Ice Cream. Say hello to the creamy goodness that takes it form as ice cream. No longer is too cold to get ice cream (lets be real it never is) and indulge in our other favorite frozen treats. Get ready to say hello to Italian ices, gelato, and so much more. Can’t pick a flavor? Try em all!  

10. Fun Manis and Pedis. Nail obsessed? Well we have good news for you! Spring means that your favorite nail companies are releasing new colors and new nail art. Be sure to show off your rockin’ new mani or pedi with this seasons “it” colors!

11. Spring break. Let the vacation planning begin! Don’t let midterms and other responsibilities get you down. Think about how in just a couple weeks you’ll be able to relax and be stress-free.

12. We’re one step closer to summer. And we sure can’t wait :)