10 Ways Your All-Girls High School Prepared You for College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Although your high school may not have taught you how to interact with boys or pick out an outfit for every day of the week, your all-girls high school truly prepared you for college in more ways than one.

1. Self-expression has made itself way past your wardrobe.

Wearing uniforms every day inspired you to express yourself in other ways. You picked up a multitude of interesting hobbies like crew, baking, photography, or actively participating in Random Naps or Uke-Ladies Ukulele club. You now have the talents to show for it.

2. You have more shorts and socks than you will ever need.

You still automatically put shorts underneath skirts, and your themed socks come in handy for those holiday parties.

3. Finding free food should be your super power.

Whether it was someone’s birthday or the known cake-pop baker brought in her treats, you could always find free food at your high school. Applying this skill to college is pretty easy, and you’ve got it down. Your college friends also know that you eternally keep a snack in your purse.

4. And you’re prepared for any other situation for that matter.

In fact, your friends insist that you own the Halloweentown bag.

5. You have a lot of spirit.

You look back fondly on those wild, deafening homecoming rallies. You bring that energy with you wherever you go. This trait shines through at places like concerts and Disneyland.

6. Sisterhood has been infused into your bones.

This makes you the perfect candidate for joining a sorority or being the first to raise your hand in your Women’s Studies class.

7. School work is high on your priority list.

You put a lot of effort into school and your grades reflect your straight-A standards — or at least you try.

8. You have the heart to hearts covered.

From Kairos talks to emotional breakdowns, you are always there when someone needs a little extra support and motivation. You’re open to talking about pretty much anything at any time.

9. You have a backup Halloween costume ready.

Your uniform makes the perfect ‘schoolgirl’ outfit. Note to self: You will probably get asked several times where you got your skirt from.

10. You are comfortable in your own skin.

It was constantly encouraged for you to be yourself. In fact, the more unique, the better! Now, you aren’t afraid to show off your rocking dance moves or admit your love for Flynn Rider. All of those years with your sisters proved how much fun it is to be your crazy, awesome self.