10 Unfortunate Quotes From Jeb Bush

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

On February 20th, 2016, Republican Presidential Candidate Jeb Bush announced that he was, “suspending his campaign”. Whether this is due to a certain rich opponent (Donald Drumpf) buying his website or because this particular Bush was genuinely deciding if he would actually be the best man for the job, I think we can all agree that it’s the first one. Regardless, in honor of what could’ve been, here are some of the best quotes from your favorite Bush, with accurate and relatable facial expressions from Britney Spears.

1. “I’m a skeptic. I’m not a scientist. I think the science has been politicized”- on Climate Change

2. “The 40 percent of the people that have come here illegally came with a legal visa and overstayed their bounds. We ought to be able to figure out where they are and politely ask them to leave” – on Illegal Immigration

3. “I would do “probably nothing” for African Americans”” – on African Americans

4. “I would abolish the department of education as it now exists, reducing the 2,000 person bureaucracy to about 50” – on Education Reform

5. “To be eligible for benefits, poor women would be required to “identify the fathers of their children, submit to random drug tests, and work if jobs are available”” – on Public Assistance

6. “I’m not sure we need half a billion dollars for women’s health issues.” – on Women’s Health

7. “I think (fantasy football) has become something that needs to be looked at in terms of regulation. Effectively, it’s day trading without any regulation at all. When you have insider information, which has apparently been the case, when you have people who use that information, use big data to try and take advantage of it, there has to be some regulation.”- on the Regulation of Fantasy Football

8. “A distraction”- on Gay Marriage

9. “Immigrants are more fertile, and they love families and they have more intact families, and they bring a younger population.” – on Immigrants

10. “If you want to know who I listen to for advice, it’s [George W. Bush].” – on his Political Advisors

RIP Jeb Bush, maybe next time.