10 Situations That Are Torture For The Indecisive Individual

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

“Just pick one.” “What do you want to do tonight?” “I don’t care, you choose.” These phrases might as well have been resurrected from your nightmares if you consider yourself an indecisive person. Because honestly, sometimes you really seem to have a lot in common with the Joker.

Despite your overwhelming desire to avoid everything, you know you’ll have to make it through time jam-packed with inevitable decision-making. Here are just a few terrifying decisions to make:

1. Ordering food: “Maybe I’ll have the chicken. No, I definitely want a salad. OOH chicken salad?…that costs $15 never mind!”

2. Registering for classes: “Do I want to suffer through a 3 hour lecture on literature theory or take it at 8am in the morning for only an hour?”

3. Making plans for the weekend: “I haven’t seen Megan in forever. But I already made plans with Rachel. But I have two papers to write.”

4. Getting dressed in the morning: “I don’t like this. I don’t like that. I don’t like this either.”

5. Choosing where to go for date night: “Please don’t ask me to choose. Please please please.”

6. Picking a major: “I’m sort of good at math. But I hate it. I like English but I kind of suck at it…hmmm…”

7. Going to the store with your mom and only being allowed to buy one candy bar: “Nooooooooooooooo”

8. Choosing whether to spend your paycheck or save it: “I DESERVE THIS! But do I really need it? No. But I want it. Ugh”

9. Getting a tattoo: “Oh my gosh I love this lyric. I’m going to get a tattoo of this. What if I hate it after a week? But what if I don’t? But what if I do?”

10. Being asked any “what is your favorite” questions: “You are literally killing me right now”

Just remember…