10 Movies to Watch with Your Family Over Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

1. Crazy Stupid Love:

A hilarious comedy surrounding one family and their struggles with love.

2. Little Miss Sunshine:

Oscar winning screenplay, this story follows a dysfunctional family as they take their youngest to compete in a beauty pageant.

3. My Big Fat Greek Wedding:

An absolute classic about a young woman who for the longest time is embarassed by her culture and family learns to embrace both.

4. The Royal Tenenbaums:

Wes Anderson’s dramedy about a dysfunctional family learning to come together over the news of their father’s dying.

5. Field of Dreams:

One of many Kevin Costner sports movies. This one is all about Costner and his quest to play catch with his dad one more time. If you build it, he will come.

6. Miracle:

This film follows the U.S.A’s national men’s ice hockey team and their quest to beat the soviets in the 1980 winter Olympics.

7. The Family Stone:

A film to get in the holiday spirit, this film features an A-list cast about a family reuniting for the holidays and the trouble that ensues.

8. About Time:

From the director of Love Actually and Notting Hill, you know it has to be good. One of the sweetest movies about love and life follows a young man and his ability to time travel.

9. Big Fish:

When William Bloom learns his father is dying he makes one last attempt to try and understand him. Told through an array of stories with magical realism it’s a wonderful film about relationships and the power of stories.

10. Inside Out:

The newest pixar film is one that is sure to please just about everyone. It takes us back to our childhoods and remembering how hard it is to grow up.