This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Studying for finals can be, and usually is, an extremely stressful and disheartening time. When you feel like you can’t study and cram any longer, take a breather and get motivated by some words of wisdom. Quotes, such as these, can provide you with the last bit of energy needed to get through a long night of studying!

1.”I’m not telling you it is going to be easy – I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.”-Art Williams

Studying for hours on end, memorizing countless formulas and vocab, and writing 10+ page papers; this kind of work can be taxing, but by recognizing the goal (aka the grade you are hoping for), you’ll remember that what you are working towards is worth it!

2.”Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.”-Mahatma Gandhi

Remember to believe in yourself! Yes, the class may seem impossible. But if you put your mind to it and work hard, what you achieve may be surprising!

3.”Recipe for success: Study while others are sleeping; work while others are loafing; prepare while others are playing; and dream while others are wishing.”-William A. Ward

Don’t get sidetracked by distractions (social media, friends, etc.), and stay focused on what you are studying. It will pay off in the end!

4.”Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is for you.”-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Finals are about proving that you know the material well. Recognize your strengths and weaknesses when it comes to studying, and use your time to better yourself!

5.”
It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.”-Albert Einstein

Be dedicated, and don’t be afraid to tackle the hard concepts and/or problems first!

6.”When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.”-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Everything will be okay! Finals are rough, but once they’re completed, you’re done!

7.”When the world says, “Give up,” 
Hope whispers, “Try it one more time.”
-Unknown

Don’t give up if you are at your wits end with a topic. Instead, take a moment to re-center and then try it again.

8.”With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.”-Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Nothing is stopping you from doing your best. Don’t be discouraged if you aren’t ready for your finals because with time you will be there.

9.”Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”-Winston Churchill

If one of the classes you’ve taken over the semester has been really challenging, know that your past grades do not define how the final will go. Use the desire to do better to fuel your studying!

10.”Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”-Thomas A. Edison 

If something is not working or you aren’t learning the material, try it a different way and keep trying until you get it. Ask for help from classmates and reach out to professors if you’re still struggling!