10 Moments Members Experience During Recruitment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Recruitment, for PNM’s, is an exciting yet extremely nerve-racking experience. For initiated members, however, the entire process is a roller coaster of emotion as they prepare to meet, and eventually welcome, a bunch of awesome new women to their organization. For most members the recruitment process and the emotions that accompany it, goes a lot like this: 

1. You start off with an in-between feeling of excitement and nervousness (the butterflies) right before the first round of Day 1. 

2. *Internal sigh* after the first couple of rounds. This isn’t too bad!

3. You have feelings of frustration. You’re meeting so many amazing girls but don’t have enough time to talk about everything that you want to!

4. Relief after the last round: Finally, time for sleep (aka a 3 hour nap).

5. Not knowing what hit you when waking up on the second day, because you’re so tired!

6. And not caring: Today you get to spend more time with, hopefully, some of your favorite girls from the night before.

7. Preference morning: To cry or not to cry?

8. It’s finally Bid Day… and the nervous/excited feeling is back. The anticipation is killing you, as you wonder “Will I get to see the girl I talked to during Preference round? Will all my favorite PNM’s be back?”

9. Happy-crying when your favorite girl(s) run to you and claim their sign. 

10. Taking pictures with the new member class thinking “These girls are so amazing” and “I can’t believe I have all these adorable new sisters!”