10 Make Up Brands That You Should Avoid

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

One of my favorite things this entire world is my cat, and I’m sure you can relate. Animals in general are amazing creatures. You might not be concerned with animal testing so consider this Animal Testing 101! This is a very prominent issue that everyone should know about. Testing on animals is referred to in a process called vivisection, or a surgery conducted on a living organism for experimental purposes. Not only is this type of experimentation extremely invasive but also highly ineffective and wastes a lot of money (as much as 18 billion dollars a year in the US!) In addition, it has been proven that research found through animal testing is not applicable to humans. It’s the equivalent to comparing apples and oranges. With this in mind, it’s time to take a stand against brands that still use animal testing. And if I didn’t convince you, hopefully the adorable animals will.

1. Avon

2. Olay

3. Mac Cosmetics

4. Neutrogena

5. Garnier

6. Maybelline

7. L’Oreal

8. Tresemme

9. Benefit

10. Clinique

Don’t feel discouraged that now you can’t use your favorite products because there are PLENTY of cruelty free brands! Check out this site for your future makeup: http://www.crueltyfreekitty.com/cruelty-free-drugstore-brands/