The 10 Best Ways to Stay Warm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

1. Layers upon Layers – Sure your new sweater is super cute, but if it is a knit and has room for air to get in, it won’t keep you very warm. Layer a tank underneath to trap your core body heat.

2. Keep the toes toasty – If your feet are cold, the rest of you is too. Choose fuzzy socks over cotton socks. Cotton absorbs heat – aka the last thing we want.

3. Warm Beverages (coffee, tea, hot cocoa, etc) – 1. Tastes delicious. 2.  Warms you from the inside out. 3. Makes a great hand warmer. Need we say more?

4. Electric Blanket – Refuse to turn on the heat? An electric blanket feels like a warm hug and is the perfect addition to Christmas movie nights.

5. Keep the blinds open during the day – The sunlight will heat your room perfectly.

6. The bed needs love too – Get some thicker sheets and a heavier blanket for the winter season. Although this might not help with the daily struggle to get out of a cozy bed when it’s cold.

7. Wear a hat  – A large amount of heat escapes from your head. Prevent that with a cute beanie or a thick headband that covers your ears.

8. Take a hot shower with the door open – This will let the steam from the shower heat up the rest of your place. Not to mention, a hot shower feels so good after being in the cold.

9. Fuzzy rugs and bathmats – If your place is lacking carpet, chances are your floor gets pretty cold. A cute fuzzy rug in the bedroom or a thick bathmat in the bathroom will help.

10. Drink water – Water is great at retaining heat. Be sure to sip your morning coffee with a glass of water too.