What to Think About on Your Walk to Class in the Freezing Cold

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

As I sit here on the other side of the Atlantic from where I call home, I’m in complete awe. The weather in North Carolina has taken a drastic change from what it was over the holidays. We were in shorts and tee shirts on Christmas, and now it seems to be so that you can barely walk outside without getting frostbitten. Since I am spending a semester abroad in Paris, I came very well prepared for what I thought was going to be a brutal winter. While it has indeed been what I thought it was going to be, I laugh at the fact that my best friends are in far colder temperatures!

Since I came prepared for such a winter, I thought I would compile a list of happy thoughts for all you east coasters’ walk to class who are experiencing the coldest winter of the century.

Let’s think about…

1.How yummy the warm soup and grilled cheese lunch you’ll be eating in just three short hours will be

2.How you get to indulge in your warm comfy bed for the nap of a lifetime in just six short hours

3.The warm, fuzzy feeling you get from watching “Frozen” when you’re wrapped in a cozy blanket

4. How warm a hug would feel from that cute guy in Chem after you brave the nonsense that is this walk to class

5. How much you hate the sticky humidity that surrounds you in the summer

6. How you get to rock fun, winter accessories—like those knit-headband ear warmers or those fun boot socks

7. How maybe this will lead to a snow day, which means…NO CLASSES!

8. How you could just sit in your bed and binge on Netflix if classes are in fact cancelled due to a snowstorm

9. How the cold is an excuse not to go on that run later

10. How you could be living in the ice tundra that is Siberia, so maybe this isn’t so bad?There’s always a bright side, right? HCXO!