This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Disclaimer: This article contains spoilers.

This week I wanted to write something that had the vaguest spoilers possible. Without further ado, here are the thoughts, commentary and quotes that stuck out to me during Roswell, New Mexico 1×07.

• New alien??
  • The same marking from the title sequence, I think.
  • I’m pretty sure you’re not supposed to be wearing that much jewelry in a lab. #yikes
  • MAX HAS A TATTOO??
  • The tattoo is the same as the hand marking.
  • Fear of doctors? Hm, good excuse.
  • Maria has a prominent role. (Finally!!)
  • “I like the open road.” LOL okay, Max.
  • “I can’t call attention to myself because it’ll draw attention to my father.” I like this subtheme.
  • Is the OG trio getting back together??
  • “I left nice back in the Middle East.”
  • “All that matters is that you’re here now, Rosa.”
  •  This is the biggest mood ever. Catch me lying in bed like Isobel during spring break.
  • “We’re doing just about anything for a buck so we don’t lose the ones we love.”
  • “Look, I respect cops… Blue lives matter.” SHOOT ME *gag*
  • Wyatt drew the tattoo/marking – obviously about to be a major arc in the show.
  • “We aren’t meant to touch things from another world, Alex. The other world creeps into us and makes us ugly inside.”
  • “Jim Valenti cheats on his wife. Someone ought to tell her.” Possible half-sibling foreshadowing?
  • “If you were the reason Alex went to war, I would hate you.”
  • “Is this a bad time?” “Yeah, kinda.” *enters anyway*
  • “Reality sucks; why drag her into it?”
  • “You have a beautiful destiny, Rosa. You always have.”
  • “I don’t think you can break up with a scratching post… but I don’t think we should scratch anymore.”
  • “Tattoos are the scars we choose.”
  • “Howdy.”
  • “Wyatt Long is a sack of garbage.” Good one-liner, Liz.
  • “What are you trying to do, Liz?” “Trying to create a weapon.”
  • Michael is such a softie. CW, please give me more Soft Michael.
  • “If something happens and I can’t protect you and Isobel at the same time, I want you to have something to protect yourself.”

Things look like they are about to take an ultra-drastic turn in next week’s episode.

Paige Pennebaker

Chapel Hill '21

Paige Pennebaker is an aspiring writer who attends UNC-Chapel Hill as a Senior during the day. She enjoys writing fiction and has been published on shortfictionbreak.com. While fiction is where her heart is, Paige also has a lot to say about the real world and how to get by.