Six Easy Ways to Transition your Wardrobe from Summer to Fall

As the seasons begin to change its important to start thinking about how to dress for colder weather. This can be difficult when funds are low and going on a shopping spree is out of the question. Fortunately, there are a couple of easy ways to make your summer wardrobe work for fall without having to buy a new wardrobe.

Layers

Layered looks are an easy way to keep warm while staying on trend. Throwing on a tank top and a baggy sweater with leggings is one way to achieve the layered look. But be careful not to layer too much; the look isn’t homeless chic.

Scarves

Scarves are great in any season. Whether they give your outfit a pop of color or are just there to combat the cold, scarves are always a great way to go! Also, don’t be afraid to wear your scarves in unconventional ways, try a turban or tie it in a knot.

Tights

Tights can easily transform a summer clothing item into a winter one. Some wear their tights with dresses or skirts and others throw a pair of shorts over them. You can also try colored or patterned tights.

Jackets

Jackets are great, especially for fall when it gets really cold. Wearing a cute tank top or t-shirt with a blazer or cardigan are both great ways to mix summer and fall clothing.

Dark Nail Polish & Lip Colors

This option isn’t necessarily wardrobe related, but adding darker tones to your nails and or lips are probably the easiest ways to get fall ready on a budget.

Beanies

Beanies/hats are super cute options for fall and are perfect for bad hair days. They come in a variety of styles and colors to work with whatever you’re wearing.