This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Since the start of my senior year I’ve been telling any and everybody who’s asked me, “Are you ready to graduate?” that “Yes, I’m ready to get the hell out of Chapel Hill.” But as my graduation date creeps closer into existence, I am continually filled with confusion, out-of-control anxiety, regret and fear. Confused at what my life will become after I leave the lively streets of Franklin and the mystical powers instilled by the Old Well; out-of-control anxiety for what my postgrad plans will be; regret for all of my friends that won’t just be a knock away from me and fear of the unknown.

In less than a month, I have talked to at least three of my mentors and former professors to help calm my nerves about the inevitable change– the change that will come no matter if I’m ready for it or not. And all of them have said the same thing to me: Stop trying to plan your whole life. One of my favorite professors was even flippant enough to say that I should go with the flow. I didn’t know how to take that advice when I first received it.

How can I just go with the flow when my life is just beginning? And how do I even know where my life will take me when I’ve completely switched up my goals and plans?

While juggling those critical questions, I have also tried to refrain from spreading myself too thinly with applying for post-grad programs and completing a full load of classes. I’m not going to express all of my woes at the moment, but just to make it short: this transitioning period has been tough. And I’m sure there are a lot of seniors who can relate.

But alas there is hope.

I believe that utilizing on-campus resources and finding a support system is especially key to reducing a senior’s stress. So I’m going to tell you about some opportunities, some things that even I have taken advantage of.

• Make an appointment with C.A.P.S. or other psychological resources on campus

• Make an appointment with Career Services

• Utilize your University’s Alumni Network

• Talk with Professors, counselors, Resident Advisors, family & friends

• Go to the Gym

• Change your eating habits and sleep patterns

• Invest in a planner/calendar

• Try something new

These are just a few resources and suggestions that you can take advantage of. There are a ton more. The stress of graduating and figuring out your post-grad plans should not be more stressful than your entire college experience.