This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

This week’s campus cutie is none other than Kevin Hogan, an Economics major from Wakefield, Rhode Island. A member of Delta Sigma Pi professional fraternity, he is in his final year here in Chapel Hill but hopes to return in a few years to get his MBA. You may have seen him frequenting Noodles & Company or behind the bar at The Thrill. When Kevin isn’t in class or working two jobs, he enjoys playing basketball, pit-sitting or watching recorded Jersey Shore episodes.

Staying in touch with his family is essential for Kevin. “I try and get back to Rhode Island as much as possible. I am really close with my family and I miss them a ton.” He also enjoys taking weekend trips to Wrightsville Beach–what could be better? He is personable and fun to talk to, so don’t be shy the next time you go get a slushie or two at The Thrill!

Favorite Coldstone/Yopo Flavor: I think I’ve been to YoPo 3 times? So, I don’t really know any flavors–anything Oreo or Chocolate Peanut Butter will work.

Where do you study? The UL or the bottom of the Union–definitely the two best spots on campus.

Fun Fact: I have surprisingly neat handwriting.

Motto: “And when you get to the point where all you want to do is be successful as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.”

Relationship status: Single

If you could be anyone for a day who would you choose? Easy, Tom Brady. I can’t even think of a close second.

Why do you love UNC? The school pride. I really didn’t know much about UNC before coming here and the way students and alumni talk about the school and how proud everyone is to be a part of the university is what sold me. It’s cheesy but everyone had an attachment to the school that you don’t see at many other universities, especially where I’m from. Also, Chapel Hill in the spring is probably the greatest place on Earth.

Worst date you’ve ever been on? I’m not sure I’ve ever really had a bad date. I usually try to pick a movie or a restaurant I’m going to enjoy so even if it doesn’t go well with her I at least have some good leftovers.

What do you look for in a girl? Motivated girls. As for looks, I don’t really have a type. Sarcasm and being able to take a joke/joke back are must-haves. It’s also beneficial if she gets along with my friends.

Turn-offs: Smokers. Not a good look, ladies.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why: Mykonos, Greece. I love Greek food and I heard it’s got a great night life scene.

Ideal first date: I would probably go grab food or a drink somewhere to learn more about the girl and then meet up with my friends or her friends. It’s easier to go out and take off some of the pressure. It’s also nice to see how easy it is to hang out with her in a social setting.

Describe your typical day: I’ll always wake up running late. I go to work/class from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. then afterwards head to the gym. If I don’t have to do homework, I’ll hang out with my roommates or go work at the bar.

What do you think of this week’s Campus Cutie, Collegiates?

Brittany is a senior Visual Communications major in the UNC-CH School of Journalism and an Entrepreneurship minor, originally from Frederick, MD. This summer she interned in the fashion department of O, The Oprah Magazine in NYC. She has interned at the Durham Herald-Sun Newspaper and as a multi-media producer for the UNC Foreign Language Department and School of Education. Brittany enjoys snowboarding, rock climbing, water sports and all things to do with the beach. In the future she hopes to work in the magazine industry, travel and continue practicing yoga.