Jeff Schafer ’11

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Name: Jeff Schafer
Hometown: Sarasota, Florida
Major: Business
Year: Senior

Favorite yopo/coldstone flavor: Coldstone. I haven’t been there in a long time, probably birthday cake remix.

Favorite place to study: The UL.

Fun fact: I have lived in SEVEN different states: Iowa, North Carolina, Maine, Illinois, Connecticut, Florida and Arkansas.

What’s your motto: No regrets.

What’s the most interesting job you have ever had? I sold security systems door-to-door. That lasted about two weeks (laughing).

Where can you be found on a Friday night? La Residence. That probably holds true for Saturday night, too.

How many hours do you spend on Facebook a week? Quite a few, I can’t really put a number on it though.

Favorite sports team? UNC-CH everything, but other than that I’m an Atlanta Braves fan.  

Describe your ideal date: Hmmm, this is tough; I’m a pretty simple person. Just going out to dinner, you know, something not that upscale but not ridiculously cheap. And then just having a good conversation.

What do you look for in a girl: I always tell people I don’t really have a type. I wouldn’t say there is any hair color or eye color preference; I just kind of know it when I see it. But some kind of solid morals. And fit would be nice. 

The first time I met Jeff was when I interviewed him. He was nominated to be a “Campus Cutie” online. Right away I knew why. Of course he was cute, but that wasn’t what struck me the most about him.  He was just so nice and modest through the whole interview process, qualities that never cease to amaze me in cuties!

As a senior in his last semester, Jeff said his best memory at UNC was the 2009 men’s basketball National Championship.  That’s easy to understand, especially when he told me his favorite sport was basketball.  He also mentioned all his friends and his roommates, saying, “that will be tough to part with.”  Again, easy to relate too.  Although basketball is his favorite sport, Jeff said he spends a lot of his time playing any kind of sport he can, as well as going to the gym and hanging out with his friends.

In ten years, Jeff said he sees himself as “married with a couple of kids, living somewhere in the southeast with a good job.” Basically, “living comfortably” and enjoying life! He’s off to a good start. When he graduates in May, Jeff said he will spend the summer in Chapel Hill just taking it easy until his lease runs out.  Then, in August he starts work at General Mills. 

The staff at Her Campus wishes you good luck!!

Sierra Piland is a Journalism – Graphic Design and Communication Studies – Media Production double major at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, class of 2012. She is President of the Carolina Association of Future Magazine Editors (CAFME), the Ed2010 branch at UNC-CH and Design Director of UNC’s popular fashion magazine Kaleidoscope. She has also been on staff with The Daily Tar Heel design department. This past summer, she interned with MTV Networks working in the .com department of CMT (Country Music Television) and is currently an intern at Southern Weddings Magazine. Sierra has a passion for art and design but is also thoroughly interested in filmmaking and the entertainment industry. When she has time, she loves to get away to the beach or mountains with friends and family.