Herman Davidson III ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Name: Herman Davidson III
Hometown: Long Beach, C.A.
Year: Junior
Major: Sociology

Favorite Coldstone/Yopo Flavor: Without a doubt, my favorite Cold Stone flavor is cake batter.  I would strongly encourage EVERYONE to try a cake batter shake or a scoop of vanilla ice cream with cake batter.  It will definitely make top 5 ice cream flavors for anyone.

Where do you study Davis/UL/other: If I had to choose a library, it would be the UL. However, I usually find myself moving around a lot and concentrating more on staying quiet rather than my actual work. Knowing this, I would just rather do my work and study in my own room.

Fun Fact: I can play the piano and surf. These are two things I find that surprise people the most.

Motto: I don’t really have a motto, but I like this saying, “I take three L’s to the head: Love, Live, Life and I’m dead.”- Lil Wayne

What are you involved in on campus? My involvement on campus mainly consists of football, but only because I haven’t found the time to get involved in other things at the moment. I’m interested in a lot of activities in general, though, and I love to help others with their events and petitions.  One goal that I have for senior year is to become more involved on campus.

What’s your jersey number? I wear the number 35.  My favorite number was 25, but it was already taken when I came to Carolina and 35 just grew on me.

What’s your favorite memory at Carolina? My favorite memory at Carolina… I would have to say it was the time some of my teammates and I took over an obstacle course/jumper thing and had a relay race in the quad area of Ram 1.

What’s your perfect date? A perfect date for me would be the traditional nice dinner and movie. It ultimately would depend on the girl. Each girl likes different things so it just depends. I’m open to a lot of new ideas for dates.

What qualities do you look for in a girl? I look for intelligence and beauty.

Anything else you want to tell us? Most people don’t know this, but I’m a shy guy. I like to keep to myself for the most part. When I do open up, I’m energetic, funny, caring and a true gentleman. I would also like to let everyone know that I’m approachable. You can say “hey” if you see me around campus.

Sophomore, PR major at UNC