This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Everyone knows that Halloween is the one holiday that college students look forward to every year. Of course they would, because who doesn’t love a night full of forgotten inhibitions and wild partying? Or all of the amazing costumes and candy? Even if you like to stay in on Halloween, most people still dress up and do a Halloween-related activity. We may still be in a pandemic, but that doesn’t mean our Halloween festivities have to be completely canceled. It, at best, has to be adapted. Most of these ideas can be done virtually or with your close social circle. Please, remember to project your friends, family and community members this spooky season — don’t be the person that throws a real party with more than eight people.

Halloween Movie Marathon

A great way to bond with your family and housemates is to have a movie marathon! Pick your favorite horror movies or Halloween classics and get settled in for the evening. All of the streaming platforms have a great selection of classic, kid-friendly, modern and original movies, so there’s no doubt you’ll be able to find something!

To make it even more fun, play a drinking game while you watch! Take sips, shots and chug your way through your movie playlist this Halloween season. Keep it inclusive by having alcoholic mixes for those that are older than 21 and who drink, and have ciders and non-alcoholic mixes for those that don’t drink or are underage!

Eyeball Pong

Just like the last party idea, having alcoholic and non-alcoholic mixes on hand is a great way to make sure everyone is having fun and feeling included. Eyeball pong is the same as normal pong! The only difference is instead of using a regular ping pong ball you use one that looks like an eye! 

Among Us

Among Us is taking the world by storm, and you can easily maintain social distancing by getting a lobby with your friends to play with each other. There’s also no harm in not physically wearing a costume this year! Among Us allows you to dress your character up in a variety of hats and outfits for all of your costume needs!

Take it up a notch and play a real-life version with your housemates! All you need is hoodies or clothes in different colors and flashlights! Turn off the lights and have fun “killing” your friends!

Pumpkin Carving

You can grab a pumpkin from almost any grocery store right now, no crowded pumpkin patch necessary! (Though they’re really cute to visit!) Get together with your friends and housemates, and get to carving! Make it even more fun by posting pictures on Instagram and making a competition of the end products. Whoever gets the most likes or most votes wins whatever prize you all choose!

The pandemic doesn’t mean Halloween needs to be super boring this year. Most of the activities on this list allow you to safely social distance and have fun of all types with your friends and loved ones! 

Paige Pennebaker

Chapel Hill '21

Paige Pennebaker is an aspiring writer who attends UNC-Chapel Hill as a Senior during the day. She enjoys writing fiction and has been published on shortfictionbreak.com. While fiction is where her heart is, Paige also has a lot to say about the real world and how to get by.