Evernote, The New Way To Take Class Notes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

There are professors on campus that don’t allow computers in the classroom. However, there are ones that do and there’s a new way to take notes on your computer. It’s call Evernote! By downloading the Evernote application, taking notes in class will become be a lot easier for you. Evernote makes it easy to remember things big and small from your everyday life using your computer, phone, tablet and the web. You can even record your lectures using the application.

UNC first-year student Pete Hanner, just started to use Evernote this semester and says that he uses it before a class, during lecture, and to review before a test.

“It’s been really helpful. I can take more notes in less time; instead of using a bunch of different sheets of paper for chapter notes, lecture notes, and recitation notes, I can have it all together and organized by subject,” Hanner said.

Before using the application Hanner says his notes were always hard to keep organized. “All my notes were out of order and kind of a mess in a bunch of 3-ring binders. It was a waste of paper, and pretty hard to find the information I needed if I wanted to review something,” he said.

Instead of carrying five notebooks around, try using Evernote. Users can pull up their notes from class on a variety of different electronics. From your laptop to your iPad and even on your phone. Hanner agrees and says that his notes for all his classes sync across a number of devices he uses. “I don’t know any other students that use it, but I would totally recommend it. I know a lot of this sounds like a cheesy commercial, but it really is so convenient,” he said.

If you would like to try the application for yourself you need to create and account and download the application. You can use Evernote on a Mac and PC. The best part about trying the application is that it’s free! Just visit go visit Evernote.com to start making college life a little easier.

Vanessa Martinas was born on February 3, 1990 in Paterson, New Jersey. She is of Dominican decent and she speaks English and Spanish fluently. She is a senior journalism major at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, specializing in electronic communication. Currently she is a reporter for Carolina Week, UNC's broacasting news show.
Melissa Paniagua is a senior journalism major at The University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, specializing in public relations. She is currently a fashion market intern at ELLE Magazine. On campus, Melissa acts as the Her Campus president as well as the vice president of the Carolina Association of Future Magazine Editors, UNC’s Ed2010 chapter. In the past, she has been an intern for Southern Weddings Magazine and a contributing writer for Her Campus. Melissa has an appreciation for all things innovative, artful and well designed and hopes to work in marketing for a women’s lifestyle magazine in the future!