A Day in the Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

The semester may have only just begun, but the UNC campus is already abounding with energy.  From attending Week of Welcome activities to relaxing on the quad with new friends, students are taking advantage of all that the University has to offer.  Whether it’s joining a Greek organization or asking a preacher a religious question, the opportunities to leave one’s “heelprint” on campus are essentially endless.  There truly is nothing finer than a day in the life of a student at Carolina!

The UNC Bell Tower stands tall against the backdrop of a Carolina blue sky.

The clock of the UNC Bell Tower glows during the Bell Tower Relighting Ceremony.  The clock was relit at this Week of Welcome event to symbolize the new school year.

Another Week of Welcome event, Greek Promotional Day in the Pit provided a chance for interested students to chat with members of fraternities and sororities about Greek life at Carolina.

Balmy evenings provide the perfect environment for cheering on the Tar Heels at sporting events.  Here the UNC women’s varsity soccer team takes on the Stanford Cardinals at Fetzer Field.

Decked out in Carolina blue clothing, students support the women’s varsity soccer team.

Students eat, sleep, and relax on the quad.

A preacher lectures in the quad.

The preacher draws a crowd.  Listening to a preacher in between classes is a popular pastime for Carolina students.

Sierra Piland is a Journalism – Graphic Design and Communication Studies – Media Production double major at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, class of 2012. She is President of the Carolina Association of Future Magazine Editors (CAFME), the Ed2010 branch at UNC-CH and Design Director of UNC’s popular fashion magazine Kaleidoscope. She has also been on staff with The Daily Tar Heel design department. This past summer, she interned with MTV Networks working in the .com department of CMT (Country Music Television) and is currently an intern at Southern Weddings Magazine. Sierra has a passion for art and design but is also thoroughly interested in filmmaking and the entertainment industry. When she has time, she loves to get away to the beach or mountains with friends and family.