burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Style: Sterling Logan ‘16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

How many girls do you know that own an “Olivia Pope” jacket? UNC’s own, Sterling Logan certainly does.  Whether she is channeling her inner Kerry Washington, or just heading to the mall, Logan will always be fashionably dressed.  Born in Chapel Hill,  Logan is a History and Advertising double major. On campus she serves as a member of the Donor Development Committee for UNC Dance Marathon.  Sterling explores her artistic side by painting, sculpting, and writing! She is currently interested in international politics, humanitarian affairs, and fashion design.  Sterling offered HC a glimpse into her fabulously fashion – forward life as a Carolina girl!

HC: Describe your personal style.

SL:  My personal style is flirty and fun in a chic refined manner. I love wearing heels, and patterns!

HC: What inspires your fashion choices?

SL: Looking at styles of the past influence my shopping and outfit creation the most. I love how classic and finished women and men looked. It seemed as if it was a requirement to dress up before leaving the house. My environment and my mood dictate what I’m wearing that specific day. If I am feeling extra upbeat I’ll wear a more dramatic outfit!

HC: Describe your perfect “go-to class” outfit.

SL: On a cold day Ill sport my over the knee boots, and “Olivia Pope” jacket with any pant or skirt and tights.  I love this combination because the jacket and boots instantly dresses up any outfit, making even jeans feel chic. With these items, if I’m running late or feeling bad I know I can still be fashion forward.

HC: Where do you shop the most?

SL: I am constantly looking for clothes in a million places and mixing them together! I love Nordstrom Rack, J Crew, and Forever 21 for my fun apparel.  However, when shopping for staples that should last, such as bags, boots, jeans, watches, and over coats I generally shop from the designer. Calvin Klein is my go to for jeans and Michael Kors and Anne Klein are my go to for watches. Mixing affordable fashion with designer makes it easy to stay timeless while still adding the fun and spunk to your wardrobe.

HC: What trends are you looking forward to in the spring?

SL: I love the flowy  crop tops, loose fitting pants, maxi skirts and spring dresses. My favorite spring trend is wedge heels because they make an outfit look finished, while it can still remain casual and comfortable.

HC: What is your favorite new item?

SL: Definitely my Olivia Pope coat. I call it that because it looks like the white coat Kerri Washington wore as Olivia Pope on Scandal.

HC:Who is your style icon?

SL: I pull my inspiration from the past so my icons are also from the past. I love Audrey Hepburn, and Coco Chanel. Currently, I look at Anne Hathaway as a great style icon. I love almost all of her gowns because they are dramatic while remaining elegant.

HC: What outfit makes you feel most comfortable? SL: One that complements my features and portrays my personality. I have so many outfits that I love and feel great in at the same time.  

Journalism and Mass Communications (Public Relations) and History Minor
Megan McCluskey is a recent graduate from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a B.A. with Distinction in Journalism and Mass Communication, and a second major in French. She has experience as a Campus Correspondent and Contributing Writer for Her Campus, a Public Relations Consultant for The V Foundation, an Editorial Assistant for TV Guide Magazine and Carolina Woman magazine, a Researcher for MTV, and a Reporter and Webmaster for the Daily Tar Heel. She is an obsessive New England Patriots and Carolina basketball fan, and loves spending time with her friends and family (including her dogs), going to the beach, traveling, reading, online shopping and eating bad Mexican food.