Campus Style: Keaton Green ‘17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Keaton Green is a freshman from St. Petersberg, Florida. She is in the Honors College, writes under the University desk for The Daily Tar Heel, runs club cross country, and teaches piano with the musical empowerment program. Not to mention, she has impeccable style.

HC: Describe your personal style.

KG: I always wore dresses everyday in high school.  Now since I have to walk five miles everyday, I wear workout clothes more, so I’m not happy about that.  But now that it’s winter, I get to wear boots more and dress a little cuter.

HC: What are some of your go to stores or brands?

KG: I just got five pairs of pants from Free People this weekend, so I guess I like their pants. I got a lot of my dresses from local stores in St. Petersberg.  I like Nordstom… I definitely get all my shoes from there.

HC: What accessory can you not live without?

KG: I always wear a ring that my boyfriend gave me and I like to wear necklaces everyday. I have a monogram necklace and a necklace with sand in it from St Pete that my mom gave me.  They all remind me of people or things that are important to me.

HC: Since Halloween is coming up, how do you reflect your style into your Halloween costume?

KG: Last year I was Poison Ivy. I got to wear a dress, which was great since I love every chance I get to wear one!

HC: What are some new trends that you have started to incorporate into your wardrobe this fall?

KG: The people in general dress differently here than in St. Pete.  A lot of people at UF wear high waisted shorts and crop tops, but I guess a lot of it’s because it’s hotter there.  I did just buy some North Carolina-esque shoes.  Also, I only had one pair of pants before, so I bought five pairs of pants this weekend.  Also, in Florida a lot of girls would wear Ugg boots and shorts.  I guess no one knew how to dress when it got colder.  I don’t have any leggings either.  They seem to be a thing here. I don’t have cowboy boots either.  They seem like they’d be handy for theme parties and other things.

HC: How do you anticipate changing your wardrobe this fall/winter?

KG: I think I’m going to buy another coat.  I want to get gloves too.  Otherwise I think I’d freeze come January.

HC: What is the one item every girl should have in her closet?

KG: A black dress. I have so many! Also, a good pair of heels is essential.

Mikala is majoring in Journalism (Public Relations Specialization) and Global Studies and is minoring in Hispanic Studies. Her learning experiences both from PR courses and from outside PR experiences have led to Mikala's aspiration to become a PR practitioner. She hopes to continue learning more about PR through her current experiences and through future internships. 
Megan McCluskey is a recent graduate from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a B.A. with Distinction in Journalism and Mass Communication, and a second major in French. She has experience as a Campus Correspondent and Contributing Writer for Her Campus, a Public Relations Consultant for The V Foundation, an Editorial Assistant for TV Guide Magazine and Carolina Woman magazine, a Researcher for MTV, and a Reporter and Webmaster for the Daily Tar Heel. She is an obsessive New England Patriots and Carolina basketball fan, and loves spending time with her friends and family (including her dogs), going to the beach, traveling, reading, online shopping and eating bad Mexican food.