Campus Cutie: Lee Wilson ‘16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Lee Wilson is a sophomore Resident Advisor in Granville Towers East, directly one floor below me! Sometimes, it’s as if he is my RA as well. A founding father of the new Alpha Sigma Phi fraternity and a member of the National Honor Fraternity, Lee is extremely involved all over campus. In his off time he spends his time addicted to Netflix and advocating for equality on campus.

Name: Lee Wilson

Year: Sophomore

Age: 19

Hometown: Greensboro, North Carolina

Major: Political Science and Communication Studies

Favorite Music Artist: Jason Aldean

Favorite Hobby: Photography

Guilty Pleasure: Thirsty for likes on Insta. (Can I get a shout out? @leewilson5932, you won’t be disappointed.)

Favorite Food: Pasta.

Favorite Movie: The Dark Knight

Something random…go: I will purchase anything that has an American flag on it. I’ve got a nasty wall twerk.

HC: What do you love most about being an RA?

LW: This year, I felt as if I gained 36 new friends. I’ve formed bonds with every single one of them. #GT4Eforevaaaaa

HC: Something unique about yourself?

LW: I’ve been attacked by monkeys in Costa Rica, I didn’t know gum was a part of howler monkey’s diet.

HC: Who inspires you?

LW: My Nana.

HC: Who is your biggest hero?

LW: John F. Kennedy

HC: Give us your best pick-up line.

LW: Have you seen this face, who needs a pick-up line?

HC: I know you are about to study abroad this summer… where are you going?

LW: London and Oxford to study Shakespeare (in his natural habitat).

HC: What do you look for in a relationship?

LW: Goal oriented and dependability.

HC: Any date nightmares?

LW: While canoeing by moonlight, I accidentally flipped the canoe…and I was wearing white shorts. That escalated very quickly.

HC: Who is your spirit animal?

LW: Does “party animal” count? However, I’ve taken a liking to sloth habits.

HC: What’s your motto?

LW: “We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard.” – by my dude JFK, of course.

HC: What’s your dream job?

LW: To be a co-host on the Ellen DeGeneres show.

HC: What do you love most about UNC?

LW: Coming from a small hometown, leaving that closed mindset, Carolina’s diversity is so welcoming. Here, you can be yourself and you still feel a part of the Carolina family.

HC: What do you hope to do once you leave Carolina?

LW: I plan to attend law school and then run for office one day.

Sara Ingraham is a junior at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where she is pursuing a Political Science and English double major. She is a Kappa Kappa Gamma. She represents the Panhellenic Community as the Vice President of Special Events. Her free time is full of running, tennis, hiking, fashion, and traveling. Sara has lived all over the country, but has a love for the East Coast. Any afternoon with "When Harry Met Sally" and a good book is an afternoon well spent.