Campus Cutie LaDarian Smith ‘14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Name: LaDarian Smith

Hometown: Augusta, GA

Year: Senior

Major/Minor: English major and Writing for the Screen and Stage minor

Fun Fact: I’ve been directing choirs since I was 4 years old

Motto: “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent”-Gandhi

Favorite singer: David Ruffin from the Temptations

Favorite sport: Football

Favorite song: Lookin’ Out for Me by Kirk Franklin

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

LS: Viola Davis…or Taraji P. Henson

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

LS: Ambition is the most attractive thing to me. Having goals and dreams…and knowing that you’re serious about achieving them is important. And a sense of humor too, I love to laugh!

HC: Have you ever used a pick up line?

LS: I don’t use pick up lines. I think I’m naturally awkward enough.

HC: What is your biggest pet peeve in a girl?

LS: My biggest pet peeve is lack of communication. I think problems occur when couples stop talking and could be avoided if they continued to talk even when it was hard. Conversely, sometimes silence is louder. It’s tricky.

HC: Describe your dream first date?

LS: Anywhere the food is cooked right in front of you. I like to eat. Live music is a plus as well!

HC: Any deal-breakers?

LS: I think appearance is important so…a deal breaker for me will probably be disinterest in personal appearance.

HC: If you could be in any movie what would it be?

LS: X-Men. People tell me I’m clairvoyant so I think that universe is a nice fit.

HC: Who would play you in a movie of your life?

LS: I think Cuba Gooding, Jr. could play me. He’s one of my favorite actors and very underrated.

HC: Favorite 90s band?

LS: BLACKstreet

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

LS: I see myself working in the field of education, probably as an administrator. I also write screenplays, so hopefully I can sell one before I turn 31.

Megan McCluskey is a recent graduate from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a B.A. with Distinction in Journalism and Mass Communication, and a second major in French. She has experience as a Campus Correspondent and Contributing Writer for Her Campus, a Public Relations Consultant for The V Foundation, an Editorial Assistant for TV Guide Magazine and Carolina Woman magazine, a Researcher for MTV, and a Reporter and Webmaster for the Daily Tar Heel. She is an obsessive New England Patriots and Carolina basketball fan, and loves spending time with her friends and family (including her dogs), going to the beach, traveling, reading, online shopping and eating bad Mexican food.