This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Name: Joe Heideman

Hometown: Charlotte

Year: Senior

Major: Physics

Favorite ice cream flavor: Mint chocolate chip

Favorite place to study: Phillips Hall

Fun Fact: I once watched a tornado pass through my back yard in Alabama

Favorite Motto: “Milk was a bad choice” – Ron Burgundy

This week’s Campus Cutie has qualities every girl can admire: intelligent, driven, and can play the guitar (swoon). While he spends a lot of time doing work for his Physics major, he still finds time to be outdoorsy and adventurous. Not to mention he’s got a sense of humor and a great relationship with his family. What’s not to love? Read on to learn more about Joe!

What are your interests and hobbies on and off campus: On campus, I really enjoy intramural sports like football and basketball. Off campus I mainly enjoy playing guitar, fishing, and hanging out with friends on my roof. I’ve played guitar since 6th grade.

What is your favorite place to travel: I haven’t travelled much but the coolest place I’ve ever seen was climbing up to the top of Table Rock Mountain in Asheville (I don’t get out very much.) But my favorite times are family reunions in Alabama every year. Spring break deep sea fishing trip in Panama City was also pretty awesome.

If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go: I really want to go to Angel Falls in Venezuela.

What are your future aspirations and goals: I hope to be a nuclear physicist researching early big bang nucleosynthesis.

On that note, what are your plans for next year: I hope to attend graduate school, not sure where yet, it depends who wants me.

Why do you love Carolina: Carolina has not only been a home to me but also my other two siblings. It has such a welcoming atmosphere.

What are your favorite parts about UNC: The sports community and the competitive spirit around campus and the Newman Catholic Student Center.

What do you think are the biggest turn-offs in a girl: A lazy attitude, no work ethic or drive

What about the biggest turn-ons in a girl: Pretty eyes and a great sense of humor

Who do you admire more than anyone: My grandfather. He raised a family of five kids with a terminally ill wife while moving around the country because he was in the air force. He still manages to bring everyone together two times a year and that determination is something I hope to have one day.

Megan McCluskey is a recent graduate from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a B.A. with Distinction in Journalism and Mass Communication, and a second major in French. She has experience as a Campus Correspondent and Contributing Writer for Her Campus, a Public Relations Consultant for The V Foundation, an Editorial Assistant for TV Guide Magazine and Carolina Woman magazine, a Researcher for MTV, and a Reporter and Webmaster for the Daily Tar Heel. She is an obsessive New England Patriots and Carolina basketball fan, and loves spending time with her friends and family (including her dogs), going to the beach, traveling, reading, online shopping and eating bad Mexican food.