Campus Cutie: Darshan Patel ‘13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Name: Darshan Patel

Hometown: Asheville, NC

Year: 2013

Major: Economics

Favorite food: Anything Mexican/Tex-Mex/spicy  

Favorite drink: Mind Eraser

Fun Fact: I’m constantly on the move

Motto: “You gotta miss your train to get where you’re going.” – Myself

HC: What is your favorite band?

DP: Bon Iver and The Bravery

HC: What about your favorite movie/TV Show?

DP: Gladiator, Sons of Anarchy.

HC: What’s your favorite spot on campus?

DP: The Pit, anywhere with outside seating.

HC: Name three things you can’t live without.

DP: Music, Mind Erasers and good food.

HC: Do you have any special skills?

DP: I can talk my way out of anything.

HC: Why do you love UNC?

DP: There’s never a dull moment and the people here are awesome. Also, nothing beats being on Franklin Street on the weekend.

HC: What is your ideal girl like?

DP: Someone that is easygoing, unique, has an awesome sense of humor and doesn’t get all worked up over little things.

HC: What are your biggest turn-offs in a girl?

DP: Caring too much about what people think about them, having a bad attitude and being unable to get along with my friends.

HC: What is one thing you would like to do before you graduate?

DP: Climb the bell tower and rush Franklin Street.

HC: What do you want to do once you leave UNC?

DP: Find a way to come back.

HC: What is your favorite UNC memory?

DP: Living on the tenth floor of Morrison.

All photos taken from Darshan’s Facebook page with permission.

Megan McCluskey is a recent graduate from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a B.A. with Distinction in Journalism and Mass Communication, and a second major in French. She has experience as a Campus Correspondent and Contributing Writer for Her Campus, a Public Relations Consultant for The V Foundation, an Editorial Assistant for TV Guide Magazine and Carolina Woman magazine, a Researcher for MTV, and a Reporter and Webmaster for the Daily Tar Heel. She is an obsessive New England Patriots and Carolina basketball fan, and loves spending time with her friends and family (including her dogs), going to the beach, traveling, reading, online shopping and eating bad Mexican food.
Melissa Paniagua is a senior journalism major at The University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, specializing in public relations. She is currently a fashion market intern at ELLE Magazine. On campus, Melissa acts as the Her Campus president as well as the vice president of the Carolina Association of Future Magazine Editors, UNC’s Ed2010 chapter. In the past, she has been an intern for Southern Weddings Magazine and a contributing writer for Her Campus. Melissa has an appreciation for all things innovative, artful and well designed and hopes to work in marketing for a women’s lifestyle magazine in the future!