Campus Cutie: Brad Walter ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

For the third year and counting, UNC’s Zeta Tau Alpha orchestrated yet another fabulous night filled with laughter, highly questionable talents, and the most wildly enthusiastic group of young men one could ever imagine. “Big Man on Campus” is one of the many ways ZTA, with the help of the entire Carolina community, strives to give back to a cause greater than all of us. It is a night to bring attention to Zeta’s national philanthropy—Breast Cancer Research and Awareness—and with the help of the wonderful men who take part in what can easily be summarized as a male beauty pageant, we have a fabulous time highlighting a philanthropy and we come one step closer to finding the cure.

This week’s “Campus Cutie” goes out to the man of the hour, the winner of the competition, and the biggest man on campus: Brad Walter! Mr. Walter endured big man on campus with a smile on his face, a killer talent for the guitar, and the will to do whatever it takes to win. The competition was always kept interesting for not just the audience, but those involved in the project as well, because Brad is notorious for spontaneity and always mixing it up! He is a first-year student and is currently undecided on his major, but Big Man on Campus definitely guarantees his potential in male pageants at the very least.

We asked Brad a few questions just to get to know our Big Man a little better!

HC: What was your favorite part of Big Man on Campus?

BW: My favorite part was the Think Pink round because it was fun to think of answers to the questions on the spot!

HC: What do you love most about UNC?

BW: I love the school spirit here at UNC. I come from Winston-Salem and can attest that Wake Forest students have less school spirit than most middle schools.

HC: Where can we find you in your free time?

BW: You can find me on the basketball courts of Woolen Gym, draining threes and breaking ankles.

While Brad Walter may just be campus cutie for the week, he gets to carry the title of Big Man on Campus for the rest of time—and it truly could not go to a more deserving guy. Congratulations, Brad!