Caleb Royster ‘14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Hometown: Shelby, N.C.
Major: Political Science
Year: Sophomore
Favorite Coldstone Flavor:  Strawberry Banana Rendezvous
Favorite Place to Study: Top of the UL and Davis study rooms
Motto: “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.”
Fun fact: I grew up on a farm.
Celebrity Crushes: Carrie Underwood, Beyonce, and Jennifer Aniston

This Campus Cutie has an adorable smile and is full of Southern charm. Aside from being pre-law, he is the manager of the JV basketball team and the women’s volleyball team, and he works for Campus Rec as a fitness monitor and office assistant. He also gets up close and personal with the varsity basketball players when he wipes their sweat off the floor during basketball games.

What do you like to do with your free time?
I don’t have much free time, but when I do I like to work out, play basketball, hang out with my friends, and go to social events. I also like to watch movies.

What kind of music do you listen to?
I like a little bit of everything, but during the summer I especially like to listen to country music. My favorite artists are Matchbox Twenty, Dierks Bentley, Corey Smith and Luke Bryan.

What traits do you look for in a girl?
I really like a nice smile, good eye contact and someone who is physically active. I also want someone with a bright future who is driven and hardworking. I like girls who are not afraid to be the first one to speak. It is important to have good morals, but she also has to know how to have a good time. Also, I like girls who can cook and are willing to do spontaneous things.

What are your turn offs?
I don’t like girls that are rude and use a lot of profanity in public, or girls that are overly high-maintenance.

What qualities would make you a good boyfriend?
I am a caring person; I am easy to talk to, and I would be committed to her. I would be sure to support her in everything she is involved in, and at the same time push her to be better.

What do you want to do in the future?
Right now I am on track to go to law school, but I am not positive if that is exactly what I want to do. I really want to work for a large company, but I want to be interacting with people and not just sitting by myself in an office all day. I know that I don’t want to start a family until after college when I have a secure job. I do want kids, but I want to be able to spend several years with my wife before starting to have children.

Have you had any interesting travel experiences?
My trip to Washington, D.C., was one of the best travel experiences of my life. It was a presidential classroom trip, and I got to meet Ralph Nader, and we stayed in Georgetown. I like D.C. because it is somewhere I could see myself living, and it sparked a political interest. It is what inspired me to major in political science.

Sophomore, PR major at UNC