Andrew Barksdale 15′

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.
Name: Andrew Barksdale
Hometown: Durham, NC
Year: Freshman
Major: Biostatistics
Favorite Coldstone/Yopo Flavor: Cake Batter with White Chocolate
Favorite Study Spot: The Second floor lobby of Morrison
Fun Fact: I have been skydiving.
Motto: Live life, but don’t just survive.

Watch out, ladies. There is a cute new freshman on campus. He is fun to hang out with, has an adorable smile, and will take you on the most creative date of your life. As if those things aren’t enough, he is also on the wrestling team! Read more to see if  you have what it takes to snag a date with Andrew Barksdale, this week’s Campus Cutie!

What do you look for in a girl?
I look for various things; but a nice smile, that’s a biggie. Also, I like girls that can hold a conversation. She also has to be chill and down-to-Earth. At the same time, she has to have a touch of sass.

What are your turn-offs?
A girl that talks too much, is snooty or is obnoxious. Also, I really don’t like ugly teeth and I can’t handle an annoying voice. I have to be able to listen to a girl.

What do you want to do in the future?
I want to graduate college, then go on to be a biostatistician. I plan to work until I am about 35 in the U.S., then go to Australia for about 5 years just to see if I like it. I may move back to the U.S. for about 10 years, then retire in Australia. Of course, I would get married between the age of 34 and 40. I would like to have two kids.

What do you like to do in your free time?
I really like to sit outside and star gaze. I like to take nightly walks.

What do you like about being on the wrestling team?
The wrestling team is great, and we are like a family. It takes a different kind of guy to be able to wrestle, because of how challenging it is physically and mentally. It is kind of brutal. But I like wrestling because it is tough. Once you wrestle, everything else is easy.

Describe your perfect date:
Well first we would fly to Paris, and get private massages on the plane. If she wanted to ditch her masseuse and have me give her the massage, that would be good because I am good with my hands. In Paris, we would eat some of my mom’s spaghetti under the Eiffel tower. During our meal, Brian McKnight would serenade us. Then, we would fly to Italy and get hand-churned ice cream that I would feed to her. After that, we would go to the North Pole, where I would have constructed a dome-like heated apparatus with a Jacuzzi inside. It would have three butlers serving us champagne and whipped cream. The dome would be transparent so we could watch the Northern Lights. Then, I would lean 90% of the way, and let her lean 10% so we could come together in a delectable kiss.

What are you most proud of?
My work ethic, and just being able to manage all the things I do. I’m able balance school, work and wrestling. However, I am most proud of being a Tar Heel. I am so happy I had the chance to be here and get to experience four years of magnificence.

What qualities would make you a good boyfriend?
I am a very understanding guy, and I listen to girls. I try to put my significant other first. Also, I am not that bad to look at.

Sources:

All photos provided by Maggie Connor.

Brittany is a senior Visual Communications major in the UNC-CH School of Journalism and an Entrepreneurship minor, originally from Frederick, MD. This summer she interned in the fashion department of O, The Oprah Magazine in NYC. She has interned at the Durham Herald-Sun Newspaper and as a multi-media producer for the UNC Foreign Language Department and School of Education. Brittany enjoys snowboarding, rock climbing, water sports and all things to do with the beach. In the future she hopes to work in the magazine industry, travel and continue practicing yoga.